Thank you for joining us!
Special thanks to the three extraordinary professional musicians from Hastings—Jamie Karen, Sylvia Volpe, and Jenn Gambatese—that helped us pay tribute to our teachers, staff and administrators!
And thank you to Paul Molakides of Boro6 for hosting!!
Missed it? That’s OK, you can VIEW IT HERE.
Celebrating the Class of 2020!
We want you to know that we’re with you in spirit 💛💚
Have some extra time on your hands and want to help out with the Foundation?
Email us! email@example.com
Like to make a donation? Please visit our PayPal page.
Doing some shopping on Amazon?
Why not register your purchases with Amazon Smile and a portion of your purchase will be donated to HEF!
It’s easy to do… just go to Smile.Amazon.com and search for Hastings Education Foundation, Inc. (The AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price from your eligible AmazonSmile purchases.)
The Foundation was created to offset declining state aid, which over the years forced the elimination of many fine enrichment programs. Each year we have given between $40,000 and $120,000 for programs that benefit our community’s children. Virtually all of our donations go directly to the schools: we are an all-volunteer organization with minimal expenses. Our donations come primarily from parents, alumni, the community at large and matching grants from corporate employers in response to an annual fundraising letter.
In the past we held two fundraising concerts each year: Stars Over Hasting in the spring and Kidsong in the fall. Ten years ago we began holding only one fundraiser, a gala party and auction. Our first benefit netted over $30,000 for the Foundation; our second brought in double that amount. In more recent history, our fundraiser at Alder Manor was attended by over 350 people and raised over $80,000. Please contact us if you would like to join the organizing committee for our next event.
Over the years we have funded a wide variety of grants including these highlights:
- Capital projects: creation of a publishing center, the Hillside Science Lab, renovation of the FMS playground, upgrades to the sound and lighting system in the HHS auditorium and the renovation of the Hillside Library Media Center
- Curricular projects: Writers-in-Residence, storytellers, bridge builders, ribbon dancers, museum memberships, K-12 curriculum consultants for science, health and physical education
- Staff development projects: support for Math Trailblazers at Hillside, Schools Attuned, Language Development and Learning, World of Difference, Reggio Emilia
- Cultural and arts projects: kilns and pottery wheels in FMS and HHS, cameras and enlargers for photography, steel drums to establish a new course and elective, and comedy, poetry, dance as well as Shakespeare workshops.
- Technology projects: SmartBoards for all three schools, computers, calculators, probes, software and DNA analyzers for HS science labs, the guitar lab, a podcasting center, Naviance software for Guidance
- Fitness projects: traversing and climbing wall curriculum/equipment and wellness program for FMS, the Hillside obstacle course, the HS Fitness Center and Weight Room, CPR training.
See Our Grants for the full list of grants awarded over the past year.
- Enhance the quality of the Hastings schools by engaging the support of our residents, parents, students, teachers and alumni
- Enrich the curriculum by serving as a catalyst for the development and promotion of innovative programs
- Provide financial assistance for school facilities and equipment
- Increase the community’s awareness of and support for our schools
A note from our HEF Co-Presidents:
Thanks to everyone who came out to the 2018 HEF Spring Gala! The event was a great success thanks to all of our incredibly hardworking volunteers and all who attended!
Curious about how the money we raise is spent? Go to our Grants page for the complete list of Awarded Grants.
We are always looking for new ideas and new volunteers. Please email us if you would like to get involved at firstname.lastname@example.org, Hillari Freireich & Barron Lerner, Co-Presidents, Hastings Education Foundation.